If it won't be simple, it simply won't be. [Hire me, source code] by Miki Tebeka, CEO, 353Solutions

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Python Based Assembler

Got reminded of a project I did while back. It's a Python based assembler. The main idea is that the assembly file is actually a Python file with pre-set functions (assembly instruction). In this manner, I managed to skip lexing, parsing and other things and deliver a working assembler in two days. You can view the presentation I gave on this here.

The Assembler


Example Input

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read this when you first posted it and went over it again now. It's really an impressive example of thinking out of the box.

L

Miki Tebeka said...

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Would you mind helping me out with my planned OS in Python, converted to C/C++ using py2c (http://code.google.com/p/py2c/).
Your assembly knowledge looks good for my OS.
PS:py2c needs developers;even if you can only spare a few minutes, that is enough to be usefull!

Miki Tebeka said...

Answered Ramchandra Apte in email ...

it solutions la said...

nice blog.

aqui said...

Appreciate this blog postt

Blog Archive